Welcome to enJOYing Birth!

As of August 2009, I have completed my coursework as a Childbirth International student. I am now a Certified Labor Doula and Childbirth Educator. I look forward to continue helping women enjoy their pregnancies, their births, and their babies.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Why so many kids?

For those of you who know me personally, have you ever asked yourself "Why do they keep having children? It is so much work and so expensive. Don't they know what "causes" that?"

Many years ago, just before baby #2 arrived, God spoke to my heart about his love of children and how he would like to bless the world though godly people. This was quite scary for me, as I couldn't imagine myself with 10-12 children. If I let God have control over my fertility I may have so many children I'd be worn out. Or, maybe it would mean just two - and I'd have to be content with that as well. I was hoping for four. Could I give the "control" over to the Creator of the Universe? Yes, I could, and I have.


We are just about 4 weeks away from meeting our 7th child.I recently read a Bible devotional sent to me by Above Rubies editor Nancy Campbell that really blessed me. She reminded me of some great verses I'd like to share with you.

Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it..."

After the flood when it was just Noah and his family, God repeated the same command again, TWICE in Genesis 9:1,7, "And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth..."

So, why does God want to fill the earth with people? Because "He wants them to fill the earth with His glory--His love, peace, truth and salvation." (Nancy Campbell)

This really is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to why our family has chosen to let God continue to bless us with children. Someday I'll blog more about it. Yes, it is a lot of work and I feel tired. But, these precious children are Eternal Beings! I am investing in Eternity!

If you would like to read more from Nancy Campbell and Above Rubies, go to www.AboveRubies.org

2 comments:

  1. I was so moved when I heard your newest son had arrived! Another person! A missing family member that God loved & knew & PLANNED has finally joined you.

    Although so many children & letting God direct your fertility is controversial, scary, and hard, I admire you & respect you & maybe even envy you a little ("envy" probably isn't the right word... more like WISH I could be brave enough to allow that!).

    Praise the Lord for your faithfulness... it is an exciting journey to get to vicariously be a part of (from far away).
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your heart from the heart of God who created us in His image...each of your precious children in God's image. He will provide the needed strength and resources for their care and your blessing...Love you, Aunt Sheri

    ReplyDelete